Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ruffle Shirt Refashion

Here's my first posted shirt refashion! Quick and easy.  I wanted a comfortable, casual shirt to wear to a missions fair where I was respresenting Wonderzone.  I wanted a blue shirt that matched the blue on the Wonderzone bookmarks and surprisingly found one that matched perfectly at Goodwill for $3.75. 

Shirt before:



Since I have never sewn on a stretchy knit fabric before, and my time was limited, I decided to use "Heat 'n Bond" to attach the ribbon to my shirt.  I have a ribbon fetish and just happened to have some ribbon that matched perfectly, too!

Shirt after:



I received lots of compliments on this shirt. Everyone said it was the ribbon that made the shirt special.  I guess this could be considered an "anthropology knock-off" shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment